Information we Collect from you
On Visiting Our Website:
Our website uses automatic systems of data collection, such as cookies. A cookie is a device transmitted to the hard disk of a user. Cookies do not contain intelligible information but allow linking between you and your personal information, such as your IP address and other information about your experience on our website and your preferences expressed while choosing services and purchasing products offered on our website. Cookies are disseminated by our servers, and no one may gain access to the information that they contain. The information and data are gathered directly and automatically by our website. We process information collected by cookies in a collective and anonymous way in order to optimize our services and our website for the needs and preferences of the users. Please access the information on your Internet browser if you wish to delete cookies after using our website. If you have started the procedure of deleting cookies, we can’t ensure that all of our web pages will be displayed and that all of our services will be available to you. We also use Google Analytics which enable us to track conversions. This means that we are able to obtain certain information about Users, namely geographical location, how long you were on our website, what sites you were on that lead you to ours.
On Signing up to our Mailing List:
When you enter your email address on our website to sign up to our mailing list, we will use this personal information to provide you with updates and interesting information in relation to our products and you consent to us doing so.
On Registration and/or Placing an Order:
Once you register on our website and/or order our products, you will be requested to provide us with certain personal information, including:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
We do not share your personal information with third parties, unless required to do so for legal or regulatory reasons.
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Our Security measures
We take the security of personal information very seriously and have adopted reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
OUR RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Request accessto your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correctionof the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasureof your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processingof your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processingof your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transferof your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw consentto our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street,
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
Limitation OF LIABILITY
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.